Adventures with Arduino Part 32

 

Further to my previous post on this.  Pin headers are now soldered on to the motor board, and the project is rebuilt.   This works much better.  A bit of re-wiring was needed but it is complete and does find objects and turns to avoid them.

The code probably needs a little more refining.  I am now hoping to demonstrate this at the tech jam.  However also in schools.   When I find a suitable box that can house this, then I can transport it round without it getting bashed about.

Also note that I have replaced the cheap Poundland batteries with decent Duracell batteries.  These have much more power so the motors now turn properly rather than struggling like they were before.