This list is both formal and informal. It does demonstrate a commitment to CPD.
Open University 2005 – 2012
December 2012: Certificate in Contemporary Science (c70) – Level 4.
July 2010: Certificate in Supporting learning in Primary schools (c60) – Level 4.
ICT / COMPUTING:
2018 : Future Learn Courses
Digital Skills : User Experience (current)
- Create simple systems that respond to and control the physical world using the Raspberry Pi and Python.
- This course explored how to create simple systems that respond to and control the physical world using the Raspberry Pi and Python.
- Step-by-step guidance to get your Code Club started.
- Create an action plan to set up a Code Club.
- Design and delivering your first session with young people.
- Ideas and tips on how to motivate your learners and celebrate their achievements.
2017 – Present – Codecademy
- 2018 – Ruby
- October 2017 : CSS
- October 2017 : HTML
- October 2017 : Learn the Command Line
- September 2017 : Git
- August 2017 / : SQL
2016 Display Screen Equipment Torbay Council.
2017 Hour of Code – http://www.code.org
2014 Hour of code code.org,
2012 Scratch Programming Alison.com.
February 2000 IBT2 Dartington Tech.
February 1999 CLAIT South Devon College.
TRAINING AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
24th February 2018: Introduction to Child Protection (Torbay Council – i-learn system and class on 24th Feb)
- Identify the four specific types of abuse and signs and symptoms of possible abuse
- Take the appropriate actions where possible abuse is suspected
- Be an effective advocate for the child or young person
21st Feb 2018 Introduction to Health and Safety – Virtual College.
16th February 2018: Child Sexual Exploitation Awareness.
- To recognise vulnerabilities in young people
- To spot common risk indicators of child sexual exploitation in young people
- To understand the process of grooming
- To consider the different models of CSE
- To know what information to record
- To know where to report any concerns
15th February 2018 : Induction to Safeguarding Children and Adults (Torbay Council – i-learn system)
- Safeguarding is everyones responsibility
- Safeguarding Children
- Safeguarding Adults
- Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence
13th November 2017: Managing Conflict – Youth Genesis
5th September 2017: Behaviour Management – Growth Mindset
4th September 2017: CAP Child Protection / Safeguarding.
23rd Jan 2017: Workshop on Raising Awareness of Prevent (WRAP) (Torbay Council – i-learn system)
4th September 2016: Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering – online.
2nd / 3rd September: Safeguarding, Prevent, Health and Safety – Priory School
20th July 2016: First Aid at Work (online) – Torbay Council
19th July 2016: Equality and Diversity – Torbay Council
20th July 2014: Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering.
27th October 2011: Essential First Aid (all ages) St John Ambulance (3 hours).
23rd May 2011: Safer Working Practices v2 – Virtual College.
21st March 2011: Health and safety in the workplace – Virtual College.
4th October 2010: Introduction to Child Protection (Torbay Council).
3rd April 2012 Risk Benefit Analysis – Play Torbay.
2nd April 2012 Rain doesn’t need to be a pain – Play Torbay.
12th March 2012 Do you really know what play and playwork is ? – Play Torbay.
10th June 2009 Active Club Training – workshop.
28th April 2009 Promoting Positive behaviour – workshop.
Coventry Technical College
1994: First Diploma Electronic engineering.
1993: Certificate of achievement in science.
Finham Park Comprehensive
1986 – 1992: Finham Park Comprehensive, Coventry.
1992: Certificate in Pre-vocational Education
TheMagPI – Issue 24 – Pages 32 – 33 – Turtle Graphics – http://www.themagpi.com/
TheMagPI – Issue 29 – Pages 44-47 – TkInter introduction – http://www.themagpi.com/