Update 17/12/2015

Busy(ish) day today.

I have now fixed my robot,  Initially I powered the motor shield and Arduino from 2 separate 6v Supplies, then after talking to Tom on IRC looked closely and some of the pins were out of alignments so the power was not getting from Arduino to the motor shield,.  I fixed that the robot just needs to securing so the boards all stay in one place and don’t move about.  I am also using a 4xAA battery box with switch.

I spent the other part of the day setting up Owncloud on my newer computer,  so with more memory it will run better but is also hopefully configured correctly for updates.

So a good day.  I am back at work tomorrow last day of term, so I then have the christmas period to fix the robot properly so it can be demonstrated at schools for example.